A backlink is a link from one website to another. Many search engines (Google, Bing, etc.) use backlinks for ranking because if one website links to another, then it is likely that content is relevant and note-worthy. High-quality backlinks can increase a site’s ranking in search engine results, so the site can be visible on the first pages of search results.
How does Backlink work?
Backlinks are important for search engine algorithms and SEO. So the backlinks are just references to other websites.
For example, David writes articles about technologies.
And Samantha links to his articles when sharing her thoughts. Since she writes about the topic on her popular online magazine, this creates a backlink to David’s post.
Because her online magazine is well-known, many other sites will link back to her article. This increases the online magazine’s authority, and David’s article also gets valuable backlinks.
Basically it’s a win-win.
There are two types of backlinks:
- Nofollow links with a nofollow tag so the search engines will ignore them. They aren’t helpful in improving your search rank or visibility.
- Dofollow links are just regular links. But you should understand that the ones from respected sites hold the most value. This type of backlinks will improve your search engine rankings.
However, there are dofollow links that are considered to be bad. These links come from suspicious sites, however, AutomaticBacklinks accept only articles with good MajesticRank, so you can be sure that you get only quality backlinks.
Remember, it’s not about the quantity of backlinks, but rather the quality that makes the difference in ranking.
If you want to learn more check this blogpost.
How to get Backlinks?
Building backlinks to your site takes time and effort. Here are several ways you can start building quality backlinks for your website.
- Start using Automatic Backlinks.
- Add links to your site on your social media profiles.
- Improve your articles that are already ranking well.
- Create more valuable content (articles, infographics, videos).
- Write the ultimate guide posts.
- Write quality comments on other blogs and include links to your articles or your site.
- Contact influencers in your niche or industry and tell them about your site and your articles.
However, we prefer using Automatic Backlinks, it is simple and saves you a lot of time providing great results. You have full control over the quality, topics, and languages of the sites which will have a link to your site.
We hope this guide helped you learn what are backlinks, and how you can use them to grow your website.